Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another beautiful day



















We are into our 3rd week here in Santa Fe and I am still enjoying it very much. I talk to my kiddies everyday and I even babble with Tyler everyday, so that helps the missing him part easier!






Dan and I went to Rio Grande River on Sunday. It was beautiful. So peaceful and quiet. However the 11 1/2 mile dirt road that we took to get to the river was another experience. The road was washed away in several places, and the ruts we deeper than the truck. Good thing Dan has a 4x4 truck. We took a wrong turn on the way home and were chased my some mountain dogs as we passed their home, which was an ol shack with a million junk cars in the yard , and dirty laundry on the line, . As we passed we seen an ol mountain man standing in front of a fire stirring up something. I think it was a pot full of body parts and was lookin to add a couple more, (mine and Dan's)!!! It was very scarry. Eventually we found our way to civilization. Whew !!! what an adventure!!!!






I have taken some neat pictures of Prarie Dogs that are in the mountains here. They are cute little gopher-looking critters. They are very playful and would make a cute pet!.






I also included a picture of an old wagon train that was actually used in the old west. The windows are the suits of cards. Hearts, diamonds, spades,and clubs! Really made me think about how hard it really was back in the old west days!






No comments: